Looking back at Ceremonial Conferment of Doctoral Degrees in Technology 2019
The 2019 conferment at Aalto University took place on 14 June at Dipoli and it celebrated the doctors who graduated between 26 May 2018 and 30 April 2019. The most prestigious of the academic events was hosted by the School of Electrical Engineering.
Honorary doctors in technology 2019
Aalto University declared seven new Honorary Doctors of Science in Technology in June:
- Matti Kauhanen, Business Unit Technology Manager of the ABB Group’s Drives division;
- Arvo Kokkonen, Director General of the National Land Survey of Finland;
- Enrique J. Lavernia, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor of the University of California;
- Marja Makarow, chair of Technology Academy Finland and Director of Biocenter Finland;
- Jukka Mäkelä, Mayor of Espoo;
- Jussi Pesonen, President & CEO of UPM Corporation;
- Markku Tilli, Senior Vice President of Research at Okmetic Oy.
Click here for further information about the 2019 Honorary doctors.