Version control system for software development
Aalto Version Control System can be used to host software development projects. It helps considerably collaboration in research projects and course projects. It's very useful to store and share personal software projects, whether they are research outputs, study projects, thesis or other. Service can be used to distribute and return assignments in programming courses.
- Git version control system running on a Gitlab Community Edition software
- Supports login with Aalto credentials and HAKA
- Possibility to invite external users for collaborative projects
- Hosted onsite at Aalto data centers, Finland
If you have any questions or you are experiencing problems, please send a service request here: servicedesk.aalto.fi.
- Use space prudently for storing source code only. If you have to store binary files in your repository, use the Git LFS tool.
- Basic features for projects and source code repositories are supported
- No support for Gitlab Pages or Container registries. Use Gitlab.com or Github for the Pages functionality. We recommend using Azure services for a container register.
- CI/CD is enabled, but not supported: you will have to install and maintain your own Gitlab Runners to use this feature. You can try another service for more convenient approach: Gitlab.com Shared Runners, Github Actions, Azure DevOps pipelines and Heroku among others.
- Service can't handle a change in employment status (student/staff or organization change), but account could get blocked, contact [email protected] if that happens