Scientific Advisory Board
The School of Science has its own Scientific Advisory Board—SAB.
The board consists of international members and its tasks are:
To follow, evaluate and support the research and teaching activities of the School (with focus on research activities).
To give recommendations on new directions, openings and development activities of the School.
To evaluate the impacts of the development actions.
The members of the Aalto SCI Scientific Advisory Board from January 1, 2016:
- Prof. Arto Nurmikko (Brown, USA) physics and biomedical engineering, Chair 2011-
- Dr. George Drettakis (REVES/INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France) computer science (computer graphics and sound), Member 2014-
- Prof. (em.) Sir Peter Knight (Imperial College, UK) physics, Member 2011-
- Prof. (em.) Jan van Leeuwen (Utrecht, Netherlands) computer science (artificial intelligence), Member 2011-
- Prof. Georges Romme (Eindhoven, Netherlands) industrial engineering (entrepreneurship and innovation), Member 2011-
- Prof. John Shawe-Taylor (UCL, UK) computer science (machine learning), Member 2011-
- Prof. Paula Eerola (Helsingin yliopisto, Finland) physics, New member
- Prof. Carlo Ghezzi (Polytecnico di Milano, Italy) computer science (software engineering), New member
- Prof. Martin Grötschel (Berlin-Branderburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Germany) mathematics, New member
- Prof. Martin Ingvar (Karolinska Institutet, Sweden) neuroscience, New member
Former members, 2011–2015
- Dr. George Drettakis, REVES/Inria Sophia-Antipolis (from spring 2013)
- Professor Markus Gross,Department of Computer Science, ETH Zürich
- Professor Dr. Rolf Jeltsch, Seminar of Applied Mathematics, ETH Zürich
- Professor Sir Peter Knight, Physics Department, Imperial College London
- Professor Jan van Leeuwen, Department of Information and Computing Sciences, University of Utrecht
- Professor Arto Nurmikko, chairman, Department of Physics and Division of Engineering, Brown University
- Professor Dr A.G.L.( Sjoerd) Romme, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- Professor John Shawe-Taylor, Centre for Computational Statistics and Machine Learning (CSML), Department of Computer Science, University College London
- Professor Claes Wohlin, Blekinge Institute of Technology
In the photo: (top row, from left) Jan van Leeuwen, Martin Grötschel, Martin Ingvar; (bottom row, from left) George Drettakis, Arto Nurmikko, Carlo Ghezzi, John Shawe-Taylor.
Members not pictured: Paula Eerola, Georges Romme and Sir Peter Knight