Congratulations! You have just been admitted to Master's Programme in Smart Systems Integrated Solutions (Erasmus Mundus) at Aalto University.
Your application made an impression on us and we would like to warmly welcome you as a member of the Aalto community. You will be in excellent company as Aalto is ranked 9th in the world in the QS ranking of universities under 50 years. We will ensure you get the best possible learning experience with personal academic advising, extensive student wellbeing services and an active student community. We very much look forward to seeing younext autumn.
At Aalto, we believe in the power of curiosity. We encourage our students to explore the unknown and learn and do things in a whole new way – together, breaking boundaries. We’ll do our best to make sure you have all the information you need and answer all your questions about starting your studies here. Our contact information can be found at the end of this letter.
New student checklist
Please, take a good look to go over the following steps. Please find more detailed information from Aalto Student Guide.
- Accept Your Admission Offer at the latest by 29 May 2023 (11:59 pm, GMT +3). You will receive an e-mail with personal link to studyinfo.fi portal after receiving your Letter of Admission. Click the link and follow the instructions to accept the admission offer. You can enroll as attending student from the same link (see step 4).
- Apply for residence permit (non-EU/non-EEA Citizens) or register your residence (EU/EEA Citizens). If you need to apply for residence permit, please start the process as soon as possible.
- Pay the programme fee according to the instructions received from University of South-Eastern Norway (if applicable).
- Enroll as attending student to Aalto University by 31 July 2023. You will be able to enroll in the online service My Studyinfo with the same link you accepted the admission offer. Please note that you must enroll as attending student for the whole academic year 2023-2024 (both autumn and spring semester). If you need to pay the programme fee, you are not able to enroll before paying the fee.
- Apply for student accommodation.
- Organize your travel to Finland and prepare to start your studies with orientation on week 35 (the week beginning on 28 August).
- Activate your Aalto user account. You can activate your Aalto user account in July at the earliest after you have enrolled for the academic year and received an activation email for your Aalto user account.
- Complete Aalto Pre-Orientation 2023-2024 online (the link to the material will be provided later; access requires activation of your Aalto user account).
- Apply for a student card.
- Pay the health care fee for students in higher education by 30 September.
- Get ready for your studies.
Detailed instructions for these steps and more information for new students is available at Aalto Student Guide.
Communication before the orientation in the autumn
Follow your email! We will send you newsletters during the spring and the summer to remind you of important matters and to provide you with more information about the orientation programme and the start of studies. You will be assigned a peer-student tutor, who will contact you during the summer. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You can find the contact information below.
Our Contact Information
Note that July is holiday season in Finland, please contact [email protected] if you have urgent questions during that time.
Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering
PO Box 15500
Maarintie 8, Espoo
Welcome to Aalto University, let's stay in touch!