Congratulations! You have just been admitted to a double degree programme at Aalto University.
Your application made an impression on us and we would like to warmly welcome you as a member of the Aalto community. You will be in excellent company as Aalto is ranked 9th in the world in the QS ranking of universities under 50 years. We will ensure you get the best possible learning experience with personal academic advising, extensive student wellbeing services and an active student community. We very much look forward to seeing you next autumn.
At Aalto, we believe in the power of curiosity. We encourage our students to explore the unknown and learn and do things in a whole new way – together, breaking boundaries. We’ll do our best to make sure you have all the information you need and answer all your questions about starting your studies here. Our contact information can be found at the end of this letter.
New student checklist
Please, take a good look to go over the following steps. Click on the titles for more detailed information.
- Accept Your Admission Offer at the latest by 19 May 2022 (11:59 pm, GMT +3). You will receive an e-mail with personal link to studyinfo.fi portal after receiving your Letter of Admission. Click the link and follow the instructions to accept the admission offer. You can enroll as attending student from the same link, starting from 2 May (see step 3.).
- Apply for Residence Permit (non-EU/non-EEA Citizens) or register your residence (EU/EEA Citizens). Please note that if you have a valid residence permit for studies issued by another EU Member State, you can apply for a mobility notification instead of residence permit. With the mobility notification, you can study in Finland for a period up to 360 days. Please see more information by clicking the title.
- Enroll as attending student to Aalto University by 31 July 2022. You will be able to enroll in the online service My Studyinfo. However, please note that if you are liable to pay tuition fee at your entry university, the annual enrolment is conditional and Aalto University reserves the right to cancel your enrolment if you have not paid the tuition fee to the entry university according to their instructions.
- Apply for student accommodation.
- Organize your travel to Finland and prepare to start your studies with orientation on week 35 (the week beginning on 29 August).
- Activate your Aalto user account. You can activate your Aalto user account in July at the earliest after you have enrolled for the academic year and received an activation email for your Aalto user account.
- Complete Aalto Pre-Orientation 2022-2023 online (the link to the material will be provided later; access requires activation of your Aalto user account).
- Apply for a student card.
- Pay the health care fee for students in higher education by 30 September.
- Get ready for your studies.
Detailed instructions for these steps and more information for new students is available at Aalto student portal Into.
Communication before the orientation in the autumn
Follow your email! We will send you newsletters during the spring and the summer to remind you of important matters and to provide you with more information about the orientation programme and the start of studies. You will be assigned a peer-student tutor, who will contact you during the summer. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You can find the contact information below.
Our Contact Information
Master’s Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences – Communications Engineering:
Planning Officer Ms. Eeva Halonen
E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]
Telephone: +358 50 327 9199
Note that July is holiday season in Finland, please contact [email protected] if you have urgent questions during that time.
Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering
PO Box 15500
Maarintie 8, Espoo
Welcome to Aalto University, let's stay in touch!