We invite applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor in Creative Technologies
Aalto University School of Science, School of Electrical Engineering and School of Arts, Design and Architecture invite applications for an Assistant or Associate level professor in all areas at the intersection of computational sciences and arts or design. We are particularly interested in candidates studying novel computational methods to augment human creativity and imagination, including but not limited to fields such as:
- Artificial intelligence, especially applications in creativity, games, and arts;
- Computational design, creativity support;
- Visual computing, including computer vision and computer graphics;
- Speech and language technology, acoustics and audio engineering;
- Human-computer interaction, visualization, and human-robot interaction;
- Augmented and virtual reality technology and applications;
- Game design, interaction design, architectural design and other relevant areas of design.
We are particularly looking for candidates interested in the augmentation of human creativity via computational methods; creation of novel interactive experiences, creation of novel design strategies in relation to complex global challenges for example, via virtual and augmented reality (VR, AR), and games; as well as technology-enhanced art, design, architecture and entertainment.
The call is open until October 24, 2021.
More information and the application form (opens in a new tab)
School of Arts, Design and Architecture
The School of Arts, Design and Architecture is one of the most prestigious universities in its fields. We educate our students to create imaginative, collaborative, compassionate and unconventional approaches to the most pressing challenges of today.
School of Electrical Engineering
At the School of Electrical Engineering, we are experts in systems science developing integrated solutions from care of the elderly to space robotics.
School of Science
Science for tomorrow’s technology, innovations and businesses
Department of Computer Science
To foster future science and society.