Voluntary officials for the Aalto 10km/5km
Aalto University will recruit again 20 volunteer officials to work as the maintenance staff of Aalto 10km/5km - running event held as part of the Espoo Rantamarathon running weekend on 14.9 -16.9.2018
The programme of the weekend 14.9-16.9.2018
Friday 14 September 2018 Marathon/running race office opens
Saturday 15 September 2018 Espoo Rantamarathon (42,195km)
Saturday 15 September 2018 Espoo half-marathon (21,1km)
Sunday 16 September 2018 Aalto 10 km (10km)
Sunday 16 September 2018 Aalto 5 km (5km)
Sunday 16 September 2018 Children’s Rantatonni 1K
Volunteer official shifts are (minimum shift length is 3-5 hours):
- on Friday 14 September between 14.00-18.00 (race office/other tasks at Otahalli/ Otaniemi)
- on Sunday 16 September at 9-13 (race office/other tasks at Otahalli/Otaniemi)
- on Sunday 16 September at 11-15 (maintaining the water stands during the race)
The officials will get the technical sports shirt with Aalto and Rantamaraton logos, some packed lunch and either the possibility to participate the marathons (full marathon or half marathon) on Saturday 15 September free of charge (value 40 euros).
In case you would like to volunteer AND run the Aalto 10km/5km on Sunday 16 September, you can either take the Friday shift or then the Sunday 16 September morning shift 9-13 (you can leave your volunteer tasks slightly earlier to prepare yourself for the run ).
Registration as a volunteer
Registration as for volunteer will begin on 12 February 2018!
Registration is done by email. Provide the following information:
- Telephone number
- Which shift you would like to take (Fri or Sun and the morning/afternoon)
- Your willingness to run the full- or half marathon on Saturday 16.9.2017 as a compensation for your volunteering
Register at latest 31 August 2018 by sending the email to [email protected]
ATTN! Kindly note, that volunteer officials, who choose to take the possibility to run the Espoo Rantamartahon/half marathon free of charge need to provide doctor’s statement in case they do not show up to their volunteer tasks. In case no-show, bill (40 euro Espoo Rantamarathon fee) will be sent to the volunteer.