Third report by the Helsinki GSE Situation Room: Unemployment among the self-employed has increased considerably more than unemployment among employees
The Helsinki Graduate School of Economics (Helsinki GSE) has established a situation room to support ministries and other public authorities in economic policy-making during the coronavirus crisis.
The Situation Room will publish its second report on Thursday 30 April 2020 at 8 am, and a webinar on the topic will also start at this same time in the Zoom app (link below). This third report will continue to address the results of the second report published last week and add more detail to these. The report examines lay-off and redundancies both from the perspective of individuals and companies. The report focuses on the following issues:
- unemployment among entrepreneurs
- redundancies and lay-offs in the public sector
- redundancies and lay-offs by sector
- lay-offs at the municipal level
- development of the number of companies that have implemented lay-offs and dismissals
- relation between redundancies and lay-offs and the financial aid provided to businesses during the crisis
Link to the webinar on Thursday 30 April at 8 am: https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64145297367
The weekly webinars will be held in Finnish; they are open to everyone and free of charge.
More information on the Situation Room and its latest public reports can be found on the Helsinki GSE website https://www.helsinkigse.fi/
Aalto University, Professor
Helsinki GSE, Academic Director
+358 50 353 7651
Helsinki Graduate School of Economics is a joint teaching and research unit in economics of Aalto University, University of Helsinki and Hanken School of Economics.