Tekes has opened a call for research proposal on “Clean transition to the bioeconomy - Sustainable business” (call text only in Finnish). The purpose of this call is to hasten the efficient utilization of new knowledge to increase the competitiveness of Finnish enterprises in the fields of bio-economy, resource efficiency, cleantech and energy.
The Tekes call is open 3.10.2016 - 16.2.2017. The funding decisions will be taken in April 2017.
Projects as collaborations between companies and research organizations
The projects must include close cooperation with enterprises, using their research needs and views as inputs for the project. The exploitation plan of the project must address relevant stakeholders for the whole value chain. The projects should also emphasize international co-operation.
The projects can be either joint projects implemented by companies and research organizations or research projects networked with companies ( = research organisations’ multidisciplinary projects):
- Joint projects involving companies and research organizations are company-led projects, which may include parallel sub-projects conducted by several companies. In parallel to the companies’ projects, research organizations conduct their own research projects in support of the companies’ research. The results of these projects must have wide utilization potential.
- In the multidisciplinary research projects, research organizations alone create new knowledge and propose new solutions to support the research and innovation needs of companies. Also in this case, the project results must have wide utilization potential, especially by companies. Benefitting companies support the project by covering at least 10 % of the project's overall funding costs.
Three main call themes
1. Smart Energy Transition
2. Cleantech digital revolution
3. Regenerative solutions for the bio- and circular economy
Call info and application discussions
Tekes will organize an info event for the Sustainable business call on 2.11.2016 in Helsinki. You can also participate in the event remotely. More information in the Tekes events webpage.
Tekes representatives are happy to discuss the project ideas already in the planning stage, e.g. it is possible to discuss during the 2.11. info event.
Applicants should send a free-form 1-2 page research project summary to Tekes by 30 November 2016, if they want to organize a private discussion section on the proposed project. These project discussions will take place mainly in December-January 2016-2017.
Help and advice for preparing the applications can be found in the Inside pages of the Research and Innovation Services or by contacting the research liaison officer of your school.
Preliminary information on the early-winter call for applications: New business from digitalisation
- Application period: 9.1. - 30.3.2017
- Further details on the call for applications will be published on 3.11.2016
- The purpose of this call for applications is to accelerate the development of digital business operations across traditional sectors and to sustain the efficient use of the new digitalisation expertise to boost the competitiveness of the Finnish industry.
- The call targets joint projects between companies and research organisations, as well as multidisciplinary, networked projects between research organisations.