TCN Lab News
16.11.2023 Our PhD students Liya Merzon and Sofia Tauriainen received grants from Väisälän rahasto. Congratulations!
01.11.2023 Translational Cognitive Neuroscience Lab is again actively participating in arrangements of Learning and Plasticity meeting - LaP2024.
28.10.2023 Journalist from Ilta-Sanomat came to make story about our experience where participants with higher or lower amount of narcissistic traits came to our lab for a brain scan. You can read the article on Ilta-Sanomat.
03.05.2023 Our PhD student Liya Merzon received grants from Kaute Foundation. Congratulations!
03.05.2023 Our PhD student Matias Piispanen received grants from Emil Aaltosen Foundation. Congratulations!
28.03.2023 Our laboratory head, Juha Salmitaival, gave his comment for two articles on ADHD and the role played by games, smartphones, and virtual reality in supporting real-life activities and clinical assessment. You can read the articles on Hufvudstadsbladet (in Swedish) and Hello Future - Orange.
24.02.2023 BBC Arabic visited our laboratory.
31.01.2023 Our PhD student Liya Merzon received grants from Suomen Kulttuurirahasto. Congratulations!
20.12.2022 New press release by our laboratory staff! You can find it here.
16.11.2022 Our PhD student Sofia Tauriainen received grants from Väisälän rahasto. Congratulations!
30.06.2022 Our laboratory head, Juha Salmitaival, gave his comment for an article on ADHD in sports. You can read the article on Helsingin Sanomat (in Finnish).
20.04.2022 Our laboratory head, Juha Salmitaival, gave his comment for an article on ADHD. You can read the article on Helsingin Sanomat (in Finnish).
18.03.2022 Our laboratory head, Juha Salmitaival, gave his comment for an article on ADHD, published on the University of Helsinki's newspaper (in Finnish).
11.03.2022 Our laboratory head, Juha Salmitaival, and PhD student Erik Seesjärvi wrote about our VR study of ADHD on Verraton (in Finnish).
02.02.2022 New article about our latest project: a virtual reality study of ADHD!
Virtual reality game can assess children's ADHD symptoms
By simulating the challenges of everyday life, a new VR game can help diagnose and perhaps treat ADHD
Highlights of 2020/2021 academic year
The summary of major news between fall 2020 and summer 2021:
- Our PhD Student Liya Merzon received grants from Suomen Kulttuurirahasto (Finnish Cultural Foundation) and Psykiatrian Tutkimussäätiö (Psychiatry Research Foundation) in May 2021. Congratulations!
- TCN PhD Tuija Tolonen has won a grant from Aivosäätiö (Finnish Brain Foundation). Congratulations!
- Read our article on how modern technology can improve assessment and treatment of ADHD disorder for Verraton (a journal of Finnish ADHD association) "Tarkkaavainen tulevaisuus – voiko peliteknologia auttaa parantamaan adhd:n arviointia ja hoitoa?"
- In December 2020, TCN PhD student Tuija Tolonen was awarded a grant from the Vilho, Yrjö and Kalle Väisälä Foundation for full-time work on PhD research. Congratulations!
- In October 2020, our laboratory head, Juha Salmi, gave his comment for an article on VR- applications for healthcare system. You can read the article on Motiivi website (in Finnish)
Highlights of 2019/2020 academic year
The summary of major news between summer 2019 and summer 2020:
- Our collaborator Prof. Anssi Peräkylä received Academy Professor funding for five years. The project Facing Narcissism started on Jan 2019.
- Juha Salmi(taival) received funding for Academy Fellow project for five years. The project Bringing real-life to attention research started on Sept 2019.
- Our collaborator Prof. Matti Laine received funding for Academy of Finland project for four years. The project Strategies for Human Memory started on Sept 2019.
- TCN PhD student Erik Seesjärvi received grants from Instrumentarium Science Foundation, Finnish Cultural Foundation, Child Pediatric Research Foundation (Lastentautien tutkimussäätiö), and Aivoliitto (”Brain Foundation”).
- PhD student Jenni Uimonen (supervised by Juha Salmi) received a grant from the Finnish Cultural Foundation.
- PhD student Liisa Ritakallio (supervised by Juha Salmi) received grants from the Jan-Magnus Jansson Foundation, and Rehabilitation Foundation Peurunka.
- TCN PhD student Erik Seesjärvi was selected to Top 100 Healthcare influencers in Finland by Mediauutiset.
- Our first naturalistic ADHD study was published in NeuroImage Special issue Naturalistic Imaging.
Back to the main lab page