Tapojärvi Innovation Challenge 2023 for Students (apply by 14 APR 2023)
The Tapojärvi Innovation Challenge 2023 for Students to seek novel solutions for extracting valuable substances from waste or side streams in three areas of the raw materials industry: Stainless steel, Mining and Forest industry..
This competition is ideal for any students concerned about making a positive difference for the environment, who want to reduce the amount of waste and give back to humanity. The best teams will receive additional coaching for their solution with industry experts and compete for a chance to win a 10 000 € prize! The collaboration with Tapojärvi has the potential to be expanded to an internship role or even a more permanent employment.
Scope of the challenge:
Mining industry side streams - During ore extraction occurs waste rock and tailings. The future is recycling everything from side streams for re-use. More details.
Stainless Steel industry side streams - The residue of stainless steel production is slag, which mainly ends up in landfills. More details.
Forest industry side streams - In the forest industry, green liquor dregs are known to be the largest fraction of the inorganic residue in the kraft pulping process and energy generation from the wood-based residues generates a large amount of dry biomass fly ash. More details.
Who can participate?
- Student teams of 2-4. If you are an individual having a great idea, you can apply, EIT RawMaterials experts will find you a team around you.
- Your solution meets at least one of the application areas
- You are passionate and motivated to work with your teams’ solution
- Submission Deadline: 14 April 2023, 20:00 CET
- Selection for the pitching will be announced for the teams ca 4 weeks after deadline.
- Online Pitch event: Around Mid June 2023 – the date will be set later
Assessment of applications: 10 successful teams will be invited to pitch in front of industry experts. The Top 5 successful teams will be invited to the final.
- Final event: 27 October 2023 in Tapojärvi’s Birthday event - Pitch and Winner announced.
Read more here