Safe Online - video training on security issues
You can watch all 12 cyber security trainings until 20 March 2019!
Click on the link https://hakalogin.kyberoppi.fi/aalto/ and select Aalto University and, for the first time, accept transfer of your information (Accept).
Check the playful video to get to know the risks and, for example, what kind of harm can the leaked information cause to the employee or organization. In the worst case, the leaked information could lead to identity theft, hacking into computer systems, or otherwise cause the employee or organization significant financial losses.
Aalto University can not deny the use of social media, but confidential or work-related information, pictures and videos may not be published without the permission of your organization. The activities must also comply with Aalto's information security regulations. Criminals and competing organizations can take advantage of all published information to damage the university or to its own advantage.
The second episode of video trainings deals with using a home computer for work. A home computer is often used for different purposes than work computer, which may cause information security risks, and lead to confidential information falling into the wrong hands. A home computer might, for instance, be contaminated and Aalto has no way of knowing this.
Check the playful video to get to know, for instance, can I let my family member use my work computer, can I use my home computer for work, or can I take my own laptop to work and connect it to Aalto’s network. Link to the videos: https://hakalogin.kyberoppi.fi/aalto/. Click on the link and select Aalto University and, for the first time, accept transfer of your information (Accept).
A new security-related 3-5 minute video will be published to Aalto personnel on monthly basis starting at 20 March 2018. These videos will teach you playfully, easily and interestingly about information security issues.
The subject of the first video is Protection from Ransomware: https://hakalogin.kyberoppi.fi/aalto/. Click on the link and select Aalto University and, for the first time, accept transfer of your information (Accept).
The video will introduce you to fictitious Derek, whose business is full of happenings and incidents. After watching each video, there are three related questions. It takes less than 10 minutes to watch a video and answer the questions. At the end of the questions, there is also a link to Aalto's security instructions. You can watch the video when it's best for you.
- Protection from ransomware
- Using a home computer for work
- Social media
- E-mail Security
- Using the company’s premises
- Handling personal data
- Physical storage devices
- Information phishing
- Remote work
- Protecting the mobile device
- Handling work-related information
The Safe Online training program aims to:
- Open a discussion on security, and thereby learn to identify the security challenges associated with your own work.
- Increase the personnel's understanding of the risks of cybercrime and create basic skills to manage them, at workplace and home.
- Make security training continuous, 10-minute episodes fit in everyone’s calendar. New episodes are published periodically, so that awareness is maintained throughout the year.
- Guide personnel to behave in accordance with the EU's privacy regulations by increasing understanding of why data privacy and security are important.
Questions: [email protected]