Renewal of the Computer Framework Agreement - Transition period arrangements
The competitive bidding will be done under the simplified tendering procedure of Hansel Computers 2018-2020 (2022) to select one manufacturer and one supplier for a 2-year contract term (with a 2 year extension option). All Aalto University PC procurements are handled by this agreement.
The current contract will expire on 1 June 2018, so urgent orders must be completed to supplier by 30 May 2018.
Because of the contract change, the Device manufacturer may be changed. A vendor / service partner may also change. Ordering practices for the end customer and additional services will change slightly during the summer as we are introducing a new order form / processes that work through new integrations (pilot running). With the new order form / processes, all the basic IT purchases can be handled with the same order form (phones, computers, monitors, AVs, telephone subscriptions, etc.)
- The current contract expires on June 1, 2018, so orders must be within 30 May 2018 so that we could guarantee the availability in bufferstorage for the next few months.
- Procurement decision at the beginning of June
- Contract/Agreement in June
- Deliveries under the old contract will continue until the goods are gone. Existing devices with the exception of displays are EOL, so the factory does not even produce these anymore. Buffer stocks have been filled by the equipment supplier for a longer transition period.
- A new contract should be available in July and devices under new contract should already be rolling in July or at start of August.
The old contract equipment is intended to cover the transitional period. During the transition period, you should be prepared for significant fluctuations in equipment delivery times, availability and delivery processes not working as when normal situation.
Availability of standard models
- Lightweight laptop - availability limited by the factory delivery till May 30, 2018, the model is already EOL (ie no longer available), added buffer storage to the transition period
- Basic laptop - availability limited also by factory delivery by 30 May 2018, the model is already EOL (ie no longer available), added buffer storage to the transition period
- Power laptop - Only a few basic models were taken into a buffer store (low purchase model)
- Basic Workstation - limited availability also by contract until 30 May 2018, the model is already EOL (ie no longer available), added buffer storage to the transitional period
- Power Workstation - limited availability also by contract until 30 May 2018, the model is already EOL (ie no longer available), added buffer storage to the transition period
- 23 ", 24", and 27 " displays - normal, the availability of models is good and should not be interrupted, but only with a larger buffer store, 30.5.2018 after the end of the contract