It's time to nominate a candidate for Aalto Pioneering Excellence Award
Aalto University invites suggestions for Aalto Pioneering Excellence Award winners. The award is granted yearly to teams addressing unique challenges and striving for sustainable value creation and superior performance. Nominate an award recipient by September 15, 2023!
See the award-winning teams of 2021 and 2022
In 2022, two teams were awarded the prize: the Finnish Centre for Artificial Intelligence (FCAI), which aims to develop new AI methods, and the leadership education team of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, which advocates self-awareness, critical thinking and emotional regulation. The Aalto Science Institute (AScI) received an honorable mention.
In 2021, the award was also shared by two teams. The first recipient of the prize was the communications team of the School of Arts, Design and Architecture, and second recipient was the Majakka project, which focuses on developing doctoral education at the School of Engineering. Honorable Mention went to the Aalto Thesis project of the School of Business.
FCAI's Samuel Kaski (left) and Pekka Manninen (right)
The leadership education team of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management: from left Peter Kenttä, Tuukka Kostamo and Jari Ylitalo
David Radnell, the Aalto Science institute
the communications team of the School of Arts, Design and Architecture, from left: Enni Grundström, Krista Kinnunen and Sini Koskimies
Majakka project: from left: Maija Taka, Amy Fallon, Lauri Ahopelto, Venla Niva, Matias Heino, Marko Kallio and Olli Varis
Aalto Thesis project of the School of Business and Silvia Saulo
The award is given to teams that do pioneering work in the following areas:
- education development,
- to improve the excellence and impact of research and artistic activity; and
- to enable the international success of the Aalto University community.
The awarded activity can:
- be cross-border activity that fuels and brings on the success of others.
- develop an ethically sustainable and responsible culture and way of working.
- involve key stakeholder groups in the development of operations, taking into account the views and expectations of all stakeholder groups.
- promote creativity and excellence in the Aalto University community.
- build on previous knowledge and experience, and use resources wisely and efficiently.
See the award winners of 2022 and 2022
Aalto Pioneering Excellence awards given to School of Arts, Design and Architecture communications team and School of Engineering Majakka project
An Honorable Mention was given to the Aalto Thesis project of the School of Business, which focuses on the development of theses.