Electronic Examinations at Aalto making progress
In ITS the project is managed by Henri Rämä and in OPIT by Venla Virtakoivu.
- More flexibility and time/space independency in exams
- Ease of inspection
- Less ambiguity
- Discovering the best electronic exam and assessment methods and systems for Aalto
- More efficient utilization of space and computers
- Boosting use of MyCourses in electronic exams and assessments
- Gathering the needs and experiences of the exam users
One of our systems under testing is Abitti, which is used in digital matriculation examination. At the moment we have one Abitti briefcase, which enables BYOD exams where students can participate with their own laptops.
We are also negotiating a possibility to test EXAM, a modern electronic examination software developed and used by a consortium of Finnish Universities. EXAM would enable more time flexibility in examinations and more efficient utilization of space and computers.
In MyCourses there is a possibility to test Safe Exam Browser with the quizzes. It is currently installed in computer classroom u257 (Elissa). With SEB and MC it is possible to lock the quiz so that it can only be answered with SEB.
Electronic Assessment Solution Owner
Aalto IT Services