EIT JumpStarter Competition 2019 - The business idea competition
Learn how to validate your business concept, develop your business plan, pitch your idea to future investors and win the 1st prize - € 10,000
INFO - EIT Jumpstarter 2019
Do you have an innovative business idea and want to learn basic entrepreneurial skills? Apply now for the EIT Jumpstarter! The EIT Jumpstarter 2019 has the following four phases:
- To participate in the Competition, the applicants must present a brief description of their idea of the innovative product or service proposed, answering predetermined questions online. A template is available which includes the questions and guidelines. The applicants should put emphasis on: the innovative concept, competitive advantage, customers and potential market. Ideas submission deadline: 1 March 2019.
- The best ideas will be selected to go to the next phase.
- The applicants selected in phase 1 will be invited to participate to a 2-day Bootcamp, where they will be trained on fundamental business skills (business modelling, pitching etc.). Bootcamps will be organised in various places from April to May 2019. Participating teams or individuals will be awarded € 1,000 per team/individual as lump-sum scholarship for the travel costs related to the participation to the allocated Bootcamp in phase 2.
- The payment of the scholarship will be done upon successful completion of the Bootcamp training.
- At the end of the Bootcamps EIT RawMaterials will evaluate the pitch decks and the pitches and based on those will invite the best 50% of the participants to continue in phase 3.
- The applicants that went through the phase 2 and have succeeded in the final pitch of phase 2 will be invited to Local Joint Trainings, organized in various places from September to October 2019. Participating teams or individuals will be awarded € 1,000 per team/individual as lump-sum scholarship for the travel costs related to the participation to the allocated Local Joint Trainings and – if invited – the Joint Grand Final event in phase 3.
- The payment of the scholarship will be done upon successful completion of the Local Joint Training.
- Among the applicants to phase 3, six finalists will be selected to go to the next phase.
- The invited finalists will have a chance to get further training and dedicated mentoring through the EIT RawMaterials Business Developers to compete at the Joint Grand Finals with other EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities. The teams will pitch their idea in front of the Jury, composed of EIT RawMaterial’s staff and partners.
- The top 3 winners will be selected from the Jury and awarded:
- 1st prize: € 10,000
- 2nd prize: € 7,000
- 3rd prize: € 5,000