Dell chosen as Aalto University’s new IT Device partner (PC’s and Displays)
We searched for an innovative partner that could provide efficient processes and supply IT equipment for all the university’s needs. Collaboration starts right away.
Over the course of the four-year contract (2+2 year), a large part of Aalto University’s IT Devices (PC’s and Displays) will be replaced. The Devices outlined in the contract takes the requirements of design, art, and computation into account, not forgetting about basic use. The contract includes Dell’s high-performance Precision workstations and laptops, XPS and Latitude series business laptops as well as high-quality displays that enable high contrasts and bright colors necessary for visual work. More from the models in August.
The old contract equipment should cover the transitional period. During the transition period, you should be prepared for significant fluctuations in equipment delivery times, availability and delivery processes not working as when normal situation.
Availability of standard models from device supplier’s buffer storage
- Lightweight laptop - availability limited, added buffer storage to the transition period
- Basic laptop - availability limited, added buffer storage to the transition period
- Power laptop - Only a few basic models were taken into a buffer store (low purchase model)
- Basic Workstation - Only a few basic models were taken into a buffer store
- Power Workstation - limited availability, added buffer storage to the transition period
- 23 ", 24", and 27 " displays - availability of models is good and should not be interrupted, with a larger buffer storage