Call for Papers for 7th Helsinki Finance Summit on Investor Behavior
August 21-22, 2017 Helsinki, Finland
The objective of this small conference is to present state-of-the-art academic research on topics related to investor behavior. Empirical, theoretical, and experimental papers are all welcome. There will be one track of presentations over the course of one and a half days. The relatively small scale of the conference will provide an environment for in-depth discussions. The conference will start with a welcome reception on the evening of Sunday August 20, 2017.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: David Laibson, Harvard University, USA
Markku Kaustia (chair), Aalto University
Harrison Hong, Princeton University
David Laibson, Harvard University
Bunyamin Onal, Aalto University
Matti Keloharju, Aalto University
Matthijs Lof, Aalto University
Petri Jylhä, Aalto University
TOPICS: We welcome submissions from all areas related to investor behavior. Complete papers in an early stage will also be considered. We ask you not to submit a paper that has been accepted for publication in a journal or is close to being accepted. Previous years' programs are available at http://hfs.aalto.fi/conference-program.html.
Sample topic areas include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior of different investor types (e.g. individuals vs. institutions), and their impact on asset prices
- Investor behavior during financial crisis
- Market microstructure and investor trading behavior
- Behavioral biases and performance of investment strategies
- Household consumption, saving, and portfolio choice
- Behavioral Corporate Finance
- Financial literacy and sophistication
- Behavior of finance professionals and the impact of professional advice
- Biological, psychological and cultural foundations of investor behavior
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Interested authors should submit their papers as a pdf-file by March 15, 2017 to: [email protected]
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by April 28, 2017.
EXPENSES AND PRACTICAL ARRANGEMENTS: Travel expenses are expected to be covered by the participants. The conference has a negotiated price with a good hotel next to the conference venue. The organizers (email: [email protected]) will assist with travel arrangements.