Apply to Aalto Thesis project: Population Register Centre – Design System in Digital Public Sector
Population Register Centre – Design System in Digital Public Sector
Population Register Centre (PRC), future Digital and Population Data Services Agency, is the public sector’s digital services developer and a supporter to other public operators. PRC collects and maintains Finnish citizens’ information about life events (such as birth, change of marital status, etc.). PRC aims to continually reduce the client’s need for face-to-face services by developing smart digital solutions, such as Suomi.fi site.
PRC is a public organisation, which employs around 200 people. National laws and European-wide regulations control the organisation's operations.
PRC is eager to develop a consistent user and service experience in the public sector’s digital services. Historical examination, future trends, and international benchmarking would bring exciting insights into the project.
- How should a consistent user and service experience be built on the public sector’s digital services?
- What does consistent user and service experience mean in this context?
- How is digital public administration designed and executed outside Finland, e.g. in Canada or Australia?
- What can the public sector learn from the business world, e.g. from large mergers?
- How can we offer digital service bundles to end-users?
- What kind of scientific knowledge do we have from people's gravitation towards to digital services?
Aptitude and competences:
Application is open for all Aalto University Master’s students. Suitable competences for the project could be:
- Digital services
- Data processing
- Information networks
- Service design
- Customer experience
- Visual design
- International experience in (digital) public services
Language of the project:
Size of the student team:
- 3–4 master’s students from different fields
How to apply:
- Application to the project Population Register Centre – Design System in Digital Public Sector is open during 12.-30.9.2019. The application ends on Monday 30 September at 21:00. Application period for this project has ended!
- You will find an application form to Aalto Thesis programmehere. Remember to write the name of the project to the form as well as ask for your supervisor’s permission to participate in the programme!
- The student selection is based on academic criteria and Aalto University is responsible for the selection process
Timeline of the project:
- The project will start with a Kick-off meeting in October, after student recruitment is complished
- You are expected to work full-time for 6 months for this project, including the meetings with the team
Questions or problems?
Niina Pitkänen, Aalto Thesis Program Manager
Master’s thesis as part of a multidisciplinary student team for a work-life partner. This is a unique possibility for collaboration.
Aalto Thesis is a project-based and multidisciplinary programme for making the master’s thesis as a part of the team with work-life collaboration. 2-4 students from various Aalto schools form a team, in which they solve work-life partner's challenges through thesis works.
The students selected for the programme will receive a tax-free grant worth of 5,000 € for living expenses during the thesis work. Read more about Aalto Thesis here.