AaltoAPUA 050 464 6462 – helpline for the Aalto community
Aalto employees can call the number whenever in need of assistance. The number for the helpline is 050 464 6462 from Finland or +358 50 464 6462 from abroad. The helpline is open 24/7 year-round and provides assistance in English and Finnish. You may wish to save the number on your mobile phone.
Please note that the helpline is not a replacement for Finland’s national emergency number, 112. In emergency situations that require immediate attention (fire, sudden bouts of illness, etc.) the fastest way to get assistance is to contact the national emergency number.
Small, non-urgent building maintenance service requests should be made at a service portal, instructions on Inside.
The AaltoAPUA helpline number can be contacted in following situations:
- Lock malfunctions (you cannot get in or out)
- Water damage
- Electrical faults or power failure
- A threat or violence on campus or directed at someone at Aalto
- An accident or illness while on a work trip abroad
- Some other difficult problem you are faced with in Finland or abroad
- Stolen or lost laptop, mobile phone, key card or mechanical key or key fob (work/home), wallet or purse, passport
- Someone else has gotten hold of your password.
The helpline will pass on your request for assistance to the correct people or organisation: the university service unit in question, property maintenance company, guards, etc.
When calling the helpline, please
- state your name
- give your location
- give your unit’s or your supervisor’s name
- give a clear explanation of why you are calling.
Do not hang up the call until you are directed to do so.
Employees may not contact the AaltoAPUA helpline when away on holidays. Please make sure that your travel insurance is up-to-date.