Aalto IT Help will be developed further based on the feedback
Thank you to all of you who gave feedback and helped to improve the site!
We will make changes to the Aalto IT Help based on the feedback in order to improve user experience. The site will remain open during the improvements and it can be used as usual. A feedback form, which can be found below every instruction, remains as a permanent function on the site.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to implement all the feedback received at the moment. However, every feedback will be taken into account when developing the site further.
More information about Aalto IT Help and its further development is given by:
1.3.2018 - New IT Instructions site Aalto IT Help is now live – you have a chance to suggest improvements!
You have a chance to contribute towards the development of IT Services’ new instruction site, Aalto IT Help, by giving feedback. Aalto IT Help is in test use during 1.-15.3. and we aim to receive as much user feedback as possible.
Based on your feedback, we will make necessary changes to the website. It is possible that some glitches can be found on the website during the test phase and we kindly ask you to report them along with your other feedback.
Aalto IT Help can be found here: https://it.aalto.fi/
How to give feedback:
- through a feedback form, which can be found on Aalto IT Help below every instruction
- or by sending an email to [email protected]
What is Aalto IT Help?
Aalto IT Help is a public IT instruction site, which is open to everyone. The site aims to respond better to the users’ needs by increasing e.g. clarity and findability of the IT instructions. The contents of all IT instructions have been renewed and the instructions have been updated so that they would serve the users better.
Based on feedback, users had difficulties to find information on Inside’s IT instruction. Some of the instructions were outdated, the right instruction was challenging to find or the content was difficult to understand.
On the new Aalto IT Help site, we emphasized fluent user experience so that the user would find the instruction in need quickly and discover the answer to a problem efficiently.
- The structure of each instruction has been modified clearer in order to improve readability. Every instruction follows numerical step-by-step order, more screenshots are included, important notes have been highlighted and sign in links are added.
- The user can search instructions e.g. by using a search box, clicking a tag or opening alphabetical all instructions. There are also titles of similar instructions shown beside an individual instruction to guide the user.
- Different language versions (Finnish and English) function more efficiently on the new site and it enables translating an individual instruction just by one click.
- Aalto IT Help is also responsive with mobile devices.
Aalto IT Help – IT instruction site will be renewed in March
New Aalto IT Help site will replace IT Services’ Instruction site on Inside. Aalto IT Help contains instructions in both Finnish and English and it will be launched in March.
When Aalto IT Help is launched, the user will be automatically redirected to the new site when clicking ’Instructions’ on Inside. Alternatively, one can go directly to the site using the address it.aalto.fi.
Aalto IT Help is a public IT instruction site, which is open to everyone. The site aims to respond better to the users’ needs by increasing e.g. clarity and findability of the IT instructions. The content of all IT instructions have been renewed and the instructions have been updated so that they would serve the user better. Thank you all who have helped us in the renewal so far!
After launching the website, we hope to get a lot of feedback so that Aalto IT Help would serve our users in a best possible way. We will announce later when the website is live and how you can give feedback.
Anna Seppänen, [email protected]
Raija Kukkonen, [email protected]
Mariia Kukkakorpi, [email protected]