Aalto ENG is searching for Vice Deans
- Vice Dean, responsible for Teaching and Learning
- Vice Dean, responsible for Research
Candidates will be expected to:
- Be a professor in the School of Engineering.
- Have demonstrated merits in 1) teaching and education development or 2) research and innovation.
- Have good interpersonal, communication, leadership and organisational skills.
- Have ideas on how the School can be developed generally and specifically within the field of responsibility of the Vice Dean.
- Be motived to be strongly engaged in the further development of the School.
- Possess good oral and written skills in English and in Finnish. Swedish language skill is considered as an advantage.
The position will take up approximately 50% of the chosen candidate’s work time. The Vice Deans report to the Dean and are members of the School’s Management Team. The Vice Dean for Teaching is member of the Aalto University Learning Services Working Group and the chairs the School´s education programme steering groups. The Vice Dean for Research is a member of the University’s Research and Innovation Steering Group.
During the application period, professors of the School may directly apply for the position or be nominated by other employees of the School. Vice Deans will be appointed by the president based on the proposal of the Dean. The term of appointment will begin on 1 July 2018 and will end on 30 June 2023 or as agreed.
Please send applications or nominations by email by May 6, 2018 to [email protected]. Candidates will be asked to submit a brief summary of their vision on how the School should be develop in the field of the position.
Dean Gary Marquis
HR Manager Suvi Hormio Dean Gary Marquis
+358 50 407 8434 +358 40 720 1093