Aalto BIZ is searching for Vice Deans
1) Vice Dean, responsible for Teaching and Learning
2) Vice Dean, responsible for Research and International Co-operation
Candidates will be expected to:
- Be a tenured professor at the School of Business,
- Have considerable merits in 1) teaching; 2) research,
- Have good interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills,
- Possess views on how the School in general and 1) its teaching and learning in particular; 2) Research in particular should be further developed,
- Be motived to be strongly engaged in the further development of the School,
- Possess good oral and written skills in English and in Finnish.
The position will take up approximately 50% of the chosen candidate’s work time. The Vice Deans report to the Dean and are members of the School’s Management Team. The Vice Dean for Teaching is member of the University’s Learning Services Working Group and the School´s Academic Committee. The Vice Dean for teaching is also the chair of the School´s Teaching Competence Assessment Committee. The Vice Dean for Research is a member of the University’s Research and Innovation Steering Group and the chair of the School’s Tenure Track Committee.
During the application period, professors of the School may directly apply for the position or be nominated by other employees of the School. The recruitment committee chaired by the Dean of the School of Business may also nominate additional candidates. The recruitment committee will process the applications and nominations, interview the candidates and make the final assessment of the candidates. The Dean will propose the final candidates to the President of the Aalto University for appointment. The term of office will begin on 1 January 2018 at the latest, and will last until 31 July, 2020.
Please send applications or nominations by email by October 26, 2017 to [email protected] accompanying them with a brief letter stating why the candidate should be considered and a CV.
Dean Ingmar Björkman
HR Manager Jutta Heino Dean Ingmar Björkman
040-353 8244 040-7040291