Introduction to hydrogen economy
Form of learning:
Target group and prerequisitesCourse is suitable for people working in the fields of hydrogen economy and master students in the beginning of their studies. Prerequisites: high school mathematics and physics, or a basic engineering degree is useful.
- Power generation, transmission and use
- Power markets and power balance management
- Smart grids, sector coupling (power, heat, gas)
- Energy storage systems
- Hydrogen production: basic chemistry and technical solutions
- Hydrogen storages and material questions
- Hydrogen safety and legislation
- The use of hydrogen
- Derivatives of hydrogen
- Life cycle analysis of the hydrogen solutions
- Energy markets and global energy resources
- Energy politics, green transition and geopolitics
The course gives basic understanding of hydrogen economy and its value chain, which is one of the corner stones in decarbonisation of industrial activities and communities.
Tasks and small essays made independently in Moodle. The course has a flexible schedule – the last day to start the course is 13.10.2023.