The Second Workshop on Catalytic Reactions with Ion Transfer through Interfaces (ITICAT2023)
Important Update: ITICAT2023 Conference Now Goes Hybrid Mode + Extension of Early Bird Registration and Abstract Submission Deadline!
ITICAT2023 Conference Now Goes Hybrid Mode + Extension of Early Bird Registration and Abstract Submission Deadline
Catalytic reactions with ion transfer through interfaces have been a dynamic research topic for a long time both in catalysis and chemical reaction engineering. In recent several decades, the knowledge accumulated on such topics has facilitated the fast development of energy transformation and storage technologies. In many applications, e.g., proton exchange membrane fuel cells, lithium-batteries, membrane and photo-catalytic reactors for chemical production and pollutant abatement, reactions with ion transfer have already become the core of the technologies in fast commercial penetration. In recent years, we are also experiencing fast, exciting and potentially high impact progresses on such topics as water splitting cells, solid oxide fuel cells, new concept batteries and supercapacitors.
With the encouragement of the organizing committee of the EuropaCat2019, colleagues at Aalto University initiated this workshop in 2019 as a pre-conference of the main conference. The first workshop was very successful (see https://www.aalto.fi/en/iticat2019, and https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2021.01.002 ), but due to the pandemic, both the EuropaCat and its preconference has to be postponed to 2023 after the 2019 gathering. The purpose of the 2nd workshop is still to offer a forum to present the new breakthroughs and to exchange the fundamental understandings on the steps and kinetics of such catalytic reactions. The organizers especially encourage communications on the design principles of the reactors for such reactions, i.e., those with ion transfer through interfaces.
August is the best season of Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, offering a beautiful maritime scenery, world-renowned architectural designs as well as a bustling city scene. Helsinki is also the best place for the linkage of different continents with frequent connects globally. Dipoli building, the conference venue, is a fine representative of Finnish architecture and locates in the university’s Otaniemi campus in the city of Espoo, which is the most sustainable city of Europe. From Dipoli, it takes about 15 min to reach Helsinki city center by metro or taxi.
Colleagues in the organizing committee, working on the principles and processes of energy transformation and storage, would like to extend their warmest hospitality to host colleagues coming from all over the world. In this way, we also make our contribution to the success of the EuropaCat 2023.
On behalf of all the organizers, I would appreciate greatly your coming and contribution to the 2nd workshop on “Catalytic Reactions with Ion Transfer through Interfaces”.
Professor of Industrial Chemistry, Aalto University, Finland
Topics for the parallel sessions and abstract submission:
- Catalysis and ion transfer in electrolysis cells and fuel cells
- Catalysis and ion transfer in photo-stimulated reactions
- Catalysis and interfacial steps in batteries
- Coupling of catalysis and membrane processes
- Catalysis with ion transfer in other energy and chemical processes
- Hydrogen and ammonia as the energy carriers
- Reaction engineering of reactions with ion transfer
Submission of abstracts and participation to the workshop are welcome for all the colleagues in catalysis over the world. Nevertheless, a submission can only be considered as a poster presentation if it cannot be catalogued into the seven topics of the workshop.
- 1st February 2023: Announcement of the event
- 15th February 2023: Opening of abstract submission
- 15th March 2023: Opening of the online payment for registration fee
- 8th June 2023: Deadline for abstract submission of oral presentations
- 8th June 2023: Deadline for early bird registration
- 30th June 2023: Deadline for abstract submission of poster presentations
- 15th July 2023: Posting of the final program
- 31st July 2023: Closing the online payment system
- 24th August 2023: Opening of the workshop at 9:00
Publication of the full papers in special issues
A special issue of Catalysis Today has been committed as:
Topic: 2nd Special Issue on Catalytic Reactions with Ion Transfer through Interfaces (ITICAT2023)
Guest Editors: Dr. Hongjiao Li, Associate Researcher of Sichuan University, China, email: [email protected]; Dr. Takeharu Yoshii, Assistant Professor of Tohoku University, Japan, email: [email protected]; Dr. Cuijuan Zhang, Associate Professor of Tianjin University, China, email: [email protected]; Dr. Sibudjing Kawi, Professor of National University of Singapore, Singapore, email: [email protected]; Dr. Yongdan Li, Professor of Aalto University, Finland, email: [email protected]
1. In-person participants
|Date of payment||
|Early Bird (By 8th June, 2023)||350 €||450 €||250 €|
|Standard (8th June - 31st July, 2023)||450 €||550 €||350 €|
|Onsite||550 €||650 €||450 €|
|Accompanying persons||50 € for only administration and 150 € with banquet ticket|
Registration fee enables access to all the academic sessions, coffee breaks and two lunches, reception & banquet.
2. Virtual participants
|Virtual participant registration deadlines||Type||Full delegates Academia||
|June 8th||For oral presentation||250€||350€||150€|
|June 30th||For poster presentation|
|July 31st||Without presentation|
- General email address of the workshop: [email protected]
- For abstract submission, registration and webpage: [email protected] and copy to: Mingze Yang, [email protected]; Cunxin Liu, [email protected]
- For sponsorship: [email protected] and copy to: Parminder Kaur, [email protected]
- For program: : [email protected] and copy to: Jilan Long, [email protected]
- For exhibition: [email protected] and copy to: Yushuai Sang, [email protected]
- For other affairs: [email protected] and copy to: Lu Wang, [email protected]
For any email correspondence, please add a suitable topic, such as: abstract, sponsorship, program etc.