Raw Materials Battery Challenge - The idea competition
EIT RawMaterials launches an idea competition, Raw Materials Battery Challenge to boost sustainable raw materials design, sourcing, processing and recycling for batteries,
What is the timeline?
- Deadline for submitting business ideas: 30 Nov 2018 at 23:59 CET
- Selection of ideas and invitation of the : during December 2018
- Final pitching concest and awards ceremony: mid-March 2019
What is the prize?
- A lump sum of EUR 30 000 for the first prize
- A second lump sum of EUR 15 000 for the second prize
- A third lump sum EUR 5 000 for the third prize
What are the focus areas:
- Responsible sourcing of battery raw materials, including exploration, mining and extraction
- Processing and recycling of precursors, active materials, cathode and anode materials
- Substitution of critical, toxic, low performance materials: advanced materials for batteries
Who can apply?
The contest is open to any legal entity (including natural persons) or group of legal entities established in an EU Member State or in a country associated to Horizon2020. Typically, the following entities may apply:
- SMEs having innovation projects relevant to the challenge topics defined above;
- start-up or spin-off companies at least registered at the time of the application;
- Natural persons or group of natural persons resident in an EU Member State.