IN SILICO Movie Screening
Programme & Registration
The screening will take place on December 9th 2021, 16:00-18:00
Following the current recommendations, we decided to host the event completely online!
The preliminary program includes:
- IN SILICO Movie Screening
- Q&As with the movie director Noah Hutton
- Discussion panel with local researchers part of the Human Brain Project at some stage
Registration: Places are limited by the movie license, so please register as soon as possible if you are interested in taking part in the event! We will try do to our best to accommodate everyone who is willing to attend in-person, however this may not be possible due to capacity limits. If this is the case, seats will be assigned on a “first come first served” basis. Participants attending virtually (and those who couldn’t fit the in-person venue, if any) will receive a link to an online platform where they can follow the screening.
Registration is free! The deadline for registration is December 1st, 2021.
In Silico, Henry Markram, and the Human Brain Project in the media:
- From scientists to salesman - A Review of Noah Hutton’s In Silico
- Markram’s 2008 TED talk
- NYT article from 2013 about the launch of the Human Brain Project
- NYT article from 2014 about the open letter against the Human Brain Project
- THE ATLANTIC article by Ed Yong published in 2019 that evaluated Markram’s controversial ten-year claim