How to Store Sensitive Research Data
We introduce the storage services available at Aalto University that are suitable for confidential or secret data. We will include example cases, best practices, and tips on how to keep confidential data safe. The training will cover these topics:
- How to determine the confidentiality of research data
- What services are safe to use with personal data or confidential data
- Extra security measures you need with secret or sensitive data
- Examples of how to collaborate with confidential data
Who can participate?
The webinar is aimed at staff and students who want to improve the handling and storing of sensitive or confidential research data. The storage systems and examples are specific to Aalto University, but the principles can be applied anywhere. The webinar is free and open to all.
- Get to know good principles for arranging data storage for sensitive and confidential data
- Select the most suitable storage system for different needs available in Aalto
A one-hour webinar including a Q&A discussion.
Schedule and location
The training will be held online via Zoom on April 25, at 1–2.00 PM Eastern European Time (EET).
Ilari Lähteenmäki, Data Agent, Solution Owner for research data management, Aalto IT Services
Dan Häggman, Laboratory Manager and Data Agent in Aalto School of Engineering, Department of Built Environment