Design + Community at the Design Factory
Welcome to join us in exploring intersections of design and communities in this day of open events at Aalto Design Factory. Professionals, students, entrepreneurs, researchers, engineers, designers, business people – the more the merrier.
However, we know from experience that bringing a diverse array of people on the same page can be challenging. Design approaches and tools can be used to create and serve communities, whether from the point of providing a shared language through prototyping, designing better employee experiences, saving the planet through revising our relationship with food, translating insights across national borders or learning how to develop user-centered ideas.
So to spread our passion for doing, we’re showcasing a selection of themes and activities explored at the Design Factory through projects, courses and research and packaging them up in the form of talks, workshops, hands on prototyping and much more! Check out the detailed program on our website and show up to learn something new and connect with others interested in changing the game in their fields and professions.
The events include for example:
- 8.30-10.30 Designing change in organisations - company cases and insights
- 9.00-12.15 User-centered design in communities - workshop
- 10.45-12.30 Setting the table for the future of food - company cases and workshop
- 13.00-16.00 Service design tools for global good - rat relay for the global good workshop
- 13.30-15.30 Blink bling wearable electronics - hands-on prototyping workshop