Data documentation, folder organisation, and describing datasets in repositories
It’s time for the talk! If you don't have a clear organisation strategy, your research data may become an unmaintainable mess. Data documentation, metadata creation and folder organisation will help you to ensure the usability and comprehensibility of your research data. A well-documented data set published and described in a data repository is easy to reuse and won’t be lost in the archives of a work laptop. Come join this important discussion! Let’s take these best practices of data documentation and organisation forward together.
This webinar presents three different views on data documentation:
- Dr. Pedro Silva (Aalto School of Chemical Technology): Data documentation and metadata creation during research projects
- Ilari Lähteenmäki (Aalto IT Services): File folder organisation during research projects
- Laura Mure (Aalto Research Services, Open Science and ACRIS team): Writing descriptions for data sets published in data repositories
Who can participate?
The webinar is aimed at Aalto staff and students who are interested in improving their data documentation. However, anyone interested in the topic is free to participate. No prior knowledge is required.
You will be introduced to some of the best practices in
- data documentation and metadata creation during research projects
- file folder organisation during research projects
- writing descriptions for data sets published in data repositories
The session consists of a one-hour presentation, followed by 30 minutes of discussion during which you are welcome to ask questions.
Schedule and location
A 1.5-hour online event with presentations and a Q&A.
Dr. Pedro Silva, Data Agent, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Aalto Department of Chemistry and Materials Science
Ilari Lähteemäki, Data Agent, Solution Owner for Research Data Management, IT Services, Aalto University
Laura Mure, Information Specialist, Research Services, Aalto University
Aalto RDM & Open Science Training | YouTube | Privacy Notice