Alumni Studio & Science Show
You are warmly welcome to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Aalto University on Saturday, 10th of October!
The language of the event is Finnish.
Alumni Studio – Shaping a sustainable future (in Finnish)
President of Aalto University Ilkka Niemelä - Aalto University 10 years: Radical creativity, entrepreunial mindset and solutions for sustainability
Alumni discuss: What will a sustainable world look like in 10 years?
- Anu Kaukovirta, Vice President, Production Systems, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- JoonasKyöstilä, Industrial Designer (Ornamo designer of the year 2020)
- Pekka Ala-Pietilä, Chairman of the Board, Huhtamäki and Sanoma
- Samuli Patala (moderator), Assistant Professor, Management and Organizations, Aalto University
Aalto 10 – An entertaining science show that brings research to life in a newway
- Professor of Art and Culture History Paula Hohti Erichsen dives in to a research on Renaissance fashion.
What can one 16th century silk sock teach about durability?
- Assistant Professor in Energy Technology Ville Vuorinen studies airborne droplets.
In the spring of 2020, Vuorinen's work was reported by e.g. FOX News, BBC and CNN.
- Project Researchers inBioproducts and Biosystems Pasi Herranen and Panu Miettinen talk about a woody greenhouse, where vertical cultivation becomes carbon negative.
- Assistant professorin Computer Science Elisa Mekler approaches players’ experiences through psychology by exploring how games build a strong sense of community. Unfortunately cancelled.
Student host Johannes Tervo
Registration is open until the event.
The link was sent also by email to those who had signed up before 9th October at 2.30 pm.
The hashtags for the event in social media are
Have a virtual online tour:
- Art and science exhibitions online
- Creativity in Action: The Spirit of Student Life exhibition in honour of Aalto's 10-year anniversary in Dipoli