4th Unite! Dialogue event
Unite! is an European University Alliance of Aalto University and 6 other high-level European technical universities. Every six months, staff and students from the seven universities meet for a dialogue and cooperate around the various themes and activities of Unite!. The 4th Dialogue is organized by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia from November 29th to December 1st.
IV Unite! Dialogue - Unite! Past, Present and Future
All the sessions are open to the participation of all Aalto University staff and students. Please see the full programme attached (note that all times in the attachment are Barcelona times).
Some of the highlights include:
29 November at 15-17.30 Innovation community matchmaking event
29 November at 18.30-20.30 Ethics & Technology by John Shawe-Taylor, Kate Crawford
30 November at 12 Opening Session by Tanja Brühl (President of Unite!) and Daniel Crespo (UPC Rector).
30 November at 12.15 Unite! Community, session 1:Everything you ever wanted to know about Unite! but never dared to ask.
30 November at 15-17 Unite! Community, session 2: Past & Future. Unite! Vision revisited.
1 December: Branding Event - Paving the way for European Higher Education in 2030. The European University Initiative.
The 4th Unite! Dialogue Barcelona 2021 will include a Branding Event, aimed at promoting the visibility of the alliance and enhancing its engagement to diverse stakeholders. The branding event taking place on 1 December will show the potential and strength of the Unite! Alliance, addressing ethics & technology, impact on the European Higher Education Area, impact on the regional innovation ecosystems, leadership on smart technologies and global impact on society. The Branding Event is open to anyone interested.
Branding event programme
1 December at 9.30 - 19.45
The Vision of the Industrial Stakeholders. Smart Technologies.
The Strategic Vision of Policy Makers.
- Manuel Castells, Ministry of Universities of Spain.
- Gemma Geis, Regional Minister of Research and Universities, Catalonia.
- Vanessa Debiais-Sainton, Head of Unit Higher Education Policies and Programme, European Comission.
- Juan Royo, President of Erasmus Student Network.
Contributing throw the Social Outreach by Keri Facer, Uppsala University (TBC). Tomas Farrnell, TEFCE project.
A Change of Socioeconomic Paradigm at the Local Level.
- Jordi Puigneró, Vice President of the Government of Catalonia.
- Laia Bonet, Director of the 2030 Agenda Area, Digital Transition, Sports and Territorial and Metropolitan Coordination, Barcelona Municipality.
- Marius Martínez, Vice-Rector for International Relations, Universitat Autònoma Barcelona, President of the European University ECIU.
- Antoni Luna, Vice-Rector for Internationalization, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Membre of the European University EUTOPIA.
- Markus González, Vice-Rector for Internationalization Policy,
- Universitat de Barcelona, Coordinator of the European University CHARM-EU.
- Lourdes Reig, Vice-Rector for Internationalization Policy, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Member of the European University Unite!.
Unite! H2020 WPLB meeting – Part I: Update on the activities of each WP – TFCs are invited as auditors.
Registration link will be added soon.