Sound in Virtual Reality
In our research, we combine spatial audio, acoustic simulation, and auditory perception with interaction and narrative design. We bring together artistic and technical expertise to explore the expressiveness of new audio technology.
Our active research topics are
- Binaural Rendering in Mixed Reality
- 6-Degrees-of-Freedom Virtual Acoustics
- Spatial Artificial Reverberation
- Modal Analysis and Synthesis
- Reverberation Enhancement Systems
Sound in Virtual Reality research group is part of the Aalto Acoustics Lab.
More information on our research in the Research database.