Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind
The Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind (B&M) is based on a multidisciplinary network of leading neuroscience research groups at the University of Helsinki and Aalto University. It includes the following fields of neuroscience:
- Developmental neuroscience
- Excitability, synaptic transmission, and neuronal networks
- Disorders of the nervous system
- Sensory and motor systems
- Neuroimmunology, neuroendocrine systems and sleep
- Cognition and behavior
- Systems and computational neuroscience
- Method development for neuroscientific experimentation
Doctoral students of Aalto SCI doctoral programme, whose thesis work relates to the study of the human brain and mind, may join the network and benefit from its activities. Before 2015, doctoral students at the former Aalto organizational units Department of Biomedical Engineering and Computational Science (BECS) and the Brain Research Unit (BRU) of the O.V. Lounasmaa Laboratory could join the network. Since 2015, doctoral students at the Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering (NBE) and the Department of Computer Science (CS) have been able to join the network.
For information about the Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind at the University of Helsinki, look here. Read more about doctoral education networks on Into: Aalto SCI doctoral education networks. NBE wiki contains information about B&M travel grants (Aalto login required).
Recent events in B&M
- B&M Symposium 2019, 24-25 September 2019 at Dipoli, Otakaari 24, Espoo
Coordinator of Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind at Aalto: Jaakko Järvinen, [email protected]
Chairperson of Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind at Aalto: Lauri Parkkonen, [email protected]