Our work in the domain of corporate responsibility (CR) deals with the impacts – positive and negative – that business organizations have on society in terms of environmental quality and social and economic well-being. The objective of such work is to increase understanding of the multiple interrelations between business, society, and the environment, and to promote transitions to a more sustainable world.
The research area of CR is very broad and it can be approached from several perspectives. Examples of our current areas of interest include:
- Philosophical questions: What is the role of business in society?
- Contemporary questions: How does digitalization affect CR?
- Strategic questions: How are CR activities related to financial performance outcomes of business?
- Sustainability questions: When and how can CR activities result in real improvements in social and environmental conditions in the world?
- Systemic questions: How can corporate and consumer responsibilities work in tandem to transform production-consumption systems?
The GLOBAL VALUE toolkit provides knowledge, tools and resources for companies and other societal actors wishing to tackle the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) together with business.