Art & Design Study Projects
Based on a wide selection of courses around the academic year, study projects seek ambitious and complex challenges from companies and organisations. They are intensive six-week projects in our degree programmes that engage students to society and industry through real-life cases.
Our previous project partners include, e.g. City of Espoo, City of Helsinki, Fiskars, Coca-Cola Finland, Linnanmäki, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, ABB, YLE, Helsinki Region Transport (HSL), Finnish Refugee Council, Marimekko.
What can the company expect from taking part in a project?
- Have direct access to our creative practitioners, students offering solutions to the presented challenges.
- Get insight of the contribution of creative industry for competitiveness, innovativeness and creativity in your business.
- Through the process become acquainted with the vast scope of creative industry, including its tools and activities.
- Interact directly with potential recruits.
- Get support, contact and feedback from the our academic field-leaders.
- Gain visibility within and via academia .
- Get exclusive right to purchase intellectual property rights of results with fixed price.
What is required from the company?
- Formulate the challenge for the study project with our course leader.
- Understanding the nature and added value of student collaboration in contrast with professional consultation and short-term commercial assignments.
- Provide the students with necessary information, material and guidance so that the students are able to complete the project in the agreed schedule.
- Engage to the project by providing feedback during the project and participating the final assessment.
- Point a contact person for the project through out the schedule.
What do the students receive?
- Chance to work with relevant, practical topics.
- Up-to-date knowhow and latest trends from the field.
- Network and build connections with the project partner.
- Build portfolio and gain insights to working life.
- Get thesis, internship and other follow-up opportunities and recruitment from the project partner.
- Altogether around 50 courses in creative fields, e.g. service design, experience design and interaction design, new media, film, building design, urban design, landscape design, visual communication design, art education, contemporary design, textiles, interior architecture, etc.
- Schedules are pre-determined for five study periods around the academic year
- Contact: Corporate relations
- Project duration: 6 weeks
- Number of students per project: 4-20
- Project fees: Master's Programme 10.000€, Bachelor's programme 5.000€, Give Back projects no-fee.
Excluding intellectual property rights for commercial use