The LeGroup carries out research and design in the areas of:
- Computer-supported collaborative learning (CSCL);
- Information and communication technology (ICT) in learning (tablets, mobile phones, touch screens, PDAs, PCs, VR/AR etc.);
- ICT in creative group work and design;
- ICT in empowerment through learning; and
- Learning environments enhanced with technology.
The group’s approach to research and design of New Media and learning is theory-based but design-oriented. This means that besides the academic research papers the outcomes of the group are often software systems, software prototypes, applications, and scenarios.
The group’s works are based on the social constructivist theory that sees learning as participation in social processes of knowledge construction. The members of the group come from very different backgrounds covering education, computer science, and design, but they all share the same pedagogical thinking.