Aalto Alumni Relations – services to alumni
Our goal is to allow Aalto’s alumni to become active participants and influencers in the university community, and to run alumni operations of high international standard.
The members of the alumni network receive up-to-date research information, gain access to multidisciplinary networks and are provided with numerous opportunities for self-development and having fun. They can, for example, mentor an Aalto student and stay in touch with their former fellow-students through the Alumni Circle.
Nearly 45 000 alumni from 80 different countries are already members of the Aalto University alumni network.
Street and postal address:
Otakaari 24, 02150 Espoo
P.O. Box 11000, 00076 AALTO
Services and benefits
As a registered member of the Aalto University Alumni NET an alumni will get:
- Networking opportunities with influential actors, experts and students both within and outside his/her professional field
- Opportunity to use an e-mail inbox and forwarding e-email address or alias [email protected] for the rest of their lives
- A channel to keep in contact with fellow-students from the university
- Information on research results and latest events at Aalto University
- Information on continuing education, postgraduate education opportunities and available courses at the Open University
- The opportunity to participate in the development of the university and provide support to students
- Invitations to Aalto University and alumni events and happenings
- Events targeted especially to alumni
- Regular newsletter by e-mail
- Aalto University Magazine four times a year
- Access to the AlumniNET networking and cooperation forum
In addition to these benefits, Aalto University, alumni colleagues and cooperation partners offer several varying benefits, and alumni can make use of the following services:
Career and Recruitment Services
- The Going Global online service: Career opportunities around the world as well as country-specific information on work licences, interview practices, employment and industry outlooks, and much more.
- From alumni to alumni job postings: Recruitment services between members of the alumni network free of charge.
- Talent Match recruitment service platform: Competence-based recruitment channel aimed at connecting employees with international competence and experience with companies needing such employees. The service is provided by Otaniemi Marketing and Technopolis. The service is free to the employees.
- Talent Talks recruitment events: The Talent Talks recruitment events held four times a year seek employers and employees within the fields of technology, economy and design. The service, provided by Otaniemi Marketing and Technopolis, is free to the employees.
Student-alumni mentoring programme
The mentoring programme combines field-specific, cross-disciplinary and international mentoring. The heart of the mentoring programme consists of one-on-one meetings of a student and an alumnus. Alongside these meetings, the mutual encounters and networking of the participants is promoted by means of joint seminars, small-group meeting and corporate visits.
The bilingual programme is open to both Finnish and foreign master's students and alumni.