Aalto walk & run: 10K & 5K event 2023
The Aalto 10 & 5K – in Finnish "Aalto-kymppi" and "Aalto-vitonen" – has a new name, but the event is still the same! Aalto walk & run is a great outdoor event free of charge for all Aalto community members: staff, students and alumni. The event is arranged as part of the Espoo Rantamaraton.
Saturday, 16 September 2023 events
Espoo Rantamaraton's marathons
- Marathon and half-marathon with timing (Marathon at 11.00 and half-marathon at 13.20). Discounted price 40€/person for Aalto personnel, students and alumni. Please note - there are 40 free marathon seats available for the first entrants! See the instructions and code for free seats below. Free marathon is available for all those who will volunteer during the event.
Aalto walk & run event - free of charge for everyone in Aalto Community
- Aalto 5 km on Sat 16.9. at 11.10
- Aalto 10 km with timing on Sat 16.9. at 11.20
The start line for both events (Aalto 10k & 5k and marathons) is at Espoo Otaranta, Otaniemi Campus (Otahalli area).
The above and below registration link for all the runs and for the Aalto's personnel, students and alumni will be opened on Monday 6th March 2023 at 9:00 am.
Registration link hereThe 2023 running T-shirt with Espoo Rantamaraton logo have a fee (15 €) for all participants.
Kindly read the Aalto 10K description of file.
This event will be photographed for Aalto University communications and marketing purposes. If you wish not to be in the photos, please inform the photographer during the event.How we process data for University communications
Recruitment of voluntary officials
Good to know!
In case you wish to run with your spouse or friends outside Aalto University, you can ask your spouse or friends to register to the "Rantakymppi" (10km) and/or "Rantavitonen" (5km)- races.They are exactly the same races as Aalto 10km and Aalto 5km, arranged simultaneously, just with different name. Also, your family/friends needs to pay the participation fee and register following to the normal registration procedure set by the Espoo Rantamaraton organisation. More info here: https://www.rantamaraton.fi/
More information on the Aalto walk & run event: [email protected]
Instructions for registering in marathons on Saturday 16.9.2023
A total of 40 free seats have been reserved for Aalto employees and students for the marathon and half marathon on Saturday, September 16, 2023.
Registration is done with the code AALTO2023 via the link. After 40 free seats, participation costs Aalto employees and students 40 € (marathon or half marathon).
Instructions for using the code:
1) Register via the link above. Select Personal Registration and the desired trip.
2) Enter your information and remember to record your own place of study as well.
3 Check your information and press Continue
4) Enter the discount code AALTO2023 and click Use Code.
* If the discount codes are still not used, then click Accept and Pay - you will receive a confirmation of the registration process.
* The system will give the message "Discount code has already been used" if the code has been used out - then the price of the trip will be 40 €. Pay this amount in your preferred payment method and complete your registration.
5) You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.