The following joint programmes between departments and universities continue after the renewal:
Master’s Programme in Creative Sustainability
Master’s Programme in International Design Business Management
Master’s Programme in Urban Studies and Planning
Master's Programme in Animation
Master’s Programme in Nordic Visual Studies and Art Education
Re:Anima - European Joint Master Degree in Animation
Bachelor's Programme in Design
In practice no fields of education are discontinued. All current programmes and majors are organized in a new way by combining and dividing current programmes and majors into new reasonable size programmes. All current programmes and majors will continue either as programmes or majors in new programmes.
By decision of the president on 31 May 2021, the current Bachelor’s Programme in Arts, Design and Architecture as well as twelve master's degree programmes will be discontinued as of 31 July 2022. New programmes and majors will start from 1 August 2022.
There is a transitional period for the students who are currently studying in current programmes (see transitional period below).
CONTINUING STUDIES ACCORDING TO THE OLD DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
For the current students renewal means that they will have plenty of time to graduate from their current programmes during the transitional period after the new programmes are started on 1.8.2022. Studies can be completed by transitions and course substitutions.
However, students have the right to transfer and complete their degree in a new programme according to the transition path for it before the end of the transitional period (see below).
The course substitution table shows what studies student must complete if:
- studying in accordance with the old degree requirements
- studying in accordance with the new program degree requirements
THE COURSE SUBTITUTION TABLES
TRANSFERRING TO THE NEW PROGRAMMES
The transfer to the new programmes applies to students who began their studies before 1 August 2022.
When will the transfer to the new programmes take place?
- Transfer to the new programmes (valid from 1.8.2022) can be applied already spring 2022 (at the latest 31 May). Transfer can also be applied later during transitional period.
- Transferring to a new programme is not recommended if a student is studying according to the old degree requirements and degree structure and will graduate during the 2022–23 academic year.
- If a students is graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (Art and Design) or Bachelor of Science (Technology) in the spring term 2022 (before 31.7.2022), student may in the graduation stage submit an application on transferring to a new master’s programme that begins 1 August 2022.
- Students (studying with old degree requirements) who have not completed a degree will be transferred without separate application to study towards completion of their degree in accordance with the new degree requirements.
Planning studies in new programs
- Students can plan their studies in new program with Sisu study plan, even before transfer to the new programmes. New study plans in Sisu are available at the end of April.
- Students can get familiarised themselves with the renewed education portfolio in Into from the beginning of April and to course substitute tables later in Spring.
- If students need help with planning their studies, there will be clinics for a revised education portfolio. Invitations to clinics will be send to students by email.