Radiation Detectors course organised by University of Helsinki Physics Department in Spring 2015
Our colleagues at University of Helsinki will organize a course on radiation detectors starting on Tuesday 13.1.2015.
Aalto students are welcome to participate. More information at WebOodi: https://weboodi.helsinki.fi/hy/ with the course number 53263.
Topics to be covered include
- basics of the interaction of radiation and matter
- application of detectors in the studies of particle, gamma ray and neutron radiation
- operational principle of semiconductor diode detectors and other selected types of solid-state detectors.
- principles of detector signal processing and data-acquisition
- application of radiation detectors in the instrumentation of nuclear and particle physics
Read more news
Fashion designer Justus Kantakoski and photographer Mortti Saarnia, were nominated for an EMMA Award this year for a music video for Suistamon Sähkö.