Radiation Detectors course organised by University of Helsinki Physics Department in Spring 2015
Our colleagues at University of Helsinki will organize a course on radiation detectors starting on Tuesday 13.1.2015.
Aalto students are welcome to participate. More information at WebOodi: https://weboodi.helsinki.fi/hy/ with the course number 53263.
Topics to be covered include
- basics of the interaction of radiation and matter
- application of detectors in the studies of particle, gamma ray and neutron radiation
- operational principle of semiconductor diode detectors and other selected types of solid-state detectors.
- principles of detector signal processing and data-acquisition
- application of radiation detectors in the instrumentation of nuclear and particle physics
Read more news
Popular course "Mind & Study - toolbox for being well in studies" will be organized in Finnish and English in the 4th period!