Capstone: Business Development Project
Capstone Business Development Project is the final course for our Master students at the Aalto University School of Business. Our students are from the master programs Management and International Business, People Management and Strategic Management in a Changing World.
Through this course, the case companies get a solution to their problem, new insights and fresh perspectives, get to know talented students and create a positive image for their company. We have partnered with companies such as Elisa, EY, Posti, Deloitte, S-ryhmä, Fazer, Transmeri.
What can the company expect from taking part in this project?
Ideal cases for this project are business-critical real-life problems or development tasks for the students to work on in multi-disciplinary teams.
The participating company will receive
- A solution to the case problem, new insights and fresh perspectives
- A written report and an oral presentation in which the students identify a critical problem in the case company, define an appropriate approach to work on the problem, provide a detailed and informative analysis of the situation and deliver conceptual and hands-on recommendations for the company
- Get to know talented students and create a positive image for the company
What is required from the company?
Company representatives should join the kick-off to pitch their project and attend the final presentations at the new premises of Aalto University School of Business in Otaniemi (Ekonominaukio 1, 02150 Espoo).
There are also three mandatory meetings for the case company and the student team during the 3 month project.
The company representative should be available to meet with the students if needed and provide material they need to complete their task.
What do the students receive?
The student team is responsible for all aspects of the project. After completing the course, students will be able to:
- identify, analyze and solve real-life business problems from a multi-disciplinary viewpoint
- apply the knowledge and skills gained during their studies to real-life business tasks and challenges
- manage complex projects and work in diverse teams
- present a case report both orally and in writing critically reflect on their learning process and outcomes
Peik Schulman, Global Business Development, 5G and IoT, EY
Very dedicated and well working team. Aalto was also very supportive helping the students with methods and frameworks.
- Contact: Professor of Practice Perttu Kähäri, [email protected], tel. +358 40 774 8794
- Project duration: 2,5 months (Autumn: September - December / Spring: March – May)
- Number of students per project: 3-6
- Project fee for a company: no fee
- Application period for companies: 15.8.-2.9.2022, 02.01.–20.01.2023