Capstone: Business Development Project
The purpose of the Capstone Business Development Project and its assignments is to help the students to use and further develop the skills that they have acquired during their studies. The students are soon-to-graduate Master’s students from Management and International Business, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Communications and Business Law programs.
At the same time, the case companies get a solution to their problem, new insights and fresh perspectives, get to know talented students and create a positive image for their company. We have partnered with companies such as Elisa, EY, Posti, Deloitte, S-ryhmä, Fazer, Transmeri.
What can the company expect from taking part in this project?
Ideal cases for this project are business-critical real-life problems or development tasks for the students to work on in teams.
The participating company will receive
- A solution to the case problem, new insights and fresh perspectives
- A written report and an oral presentation in which the students identify a critical problem in the case company, define an appropriate approach to work on the problem, provide a detailed and informative analysis of the situation and deliver conceptual and hands-on recommendations for the company
- Get to know talented students and create a positive image for the company
What is required from the company?
Company representatives should join the kick-off to pitch their project and attend the final presentations at the new premises of Aalto University School of Business in Otaniemi (Ekonominaukio 1, 02150 Espoo).
There are also two mandatory meetings for the case company and the student team during the 3 month project.
The company representative should be available to meet with the students if needed and provide material they need to complete their task.
What do the students receive?
The student team is responsible for all aspects of the project. There are also two mandatory meetings for the case company and the student team during the project. In addition to this, the company representative should be available to meet with the students if needed and provide material they need to complete their task.
After completing the course, students will be able to
- identify, analyze and solve real-life business problems from a multi-disciplinary viewpoint
- apply the knowledge and skills gained during their studies to real-life business tasks and challenges
- manage complex projects and work in diverse teams
- present a case report both orally and in writing critically reflect on their learning process and outcomes
- Contact: Iiris Saittakari, Postdoctoral researcher, [email protected], tel. +358 45 673 4631
- Project duration: 3 months (September - December)
- Number of students per project: 3-6
- Project fee for a company: no fee
- Application period for companies: 01.06.–01.09.2019
Course Website: https://mycourses.aalto.fi/course/view.php?id=19812