Looking back at Ceremonial Conferment of Degrees in Arts, Design and Architecture 2019
The 2019 ceremonial conferment of Doctoral and Master's Degrees of Arts, Design and Architecture took place on 13 June celebrating the Doctors of Arts or Masters of Arts who graduated between 21.4.2012 and 30.4.2019, Doctors of Science (Architecture) who graduated between 1.6.2018 and 30.4.2019 and Masters of Science (Architecture) or Masters of Science (Landscape architecture) who graduated between 1.1.2012 and 30.4.2019 . Doctors and Masters were welcomed into the scientific community at this most prestigious of academic events.
Honorary Doctors of Arts 2019
Aalto University declared eight new Honorary Doctors of Arts in June:
- Eija-Liisa Ahtila, contemporary visual artist and filmmaker;
- Jacob Buur, professor in User-Centred Design and director of the Design Research Environment at the University of Southern Denmark;
- Helena Hyvönen, professor emerita, former President of the University of Art and Design Helsinki (2008-2009) and former Dean of the School of Arts, Design and Architecture (2010-2014);
- Leena Iisakkila, landscape architect;
- Kari Korkman, CEO, Helsinki Design Week;
- Irit Rogoff, professor of Visual Culture and founder of the department at Goldsmiths, University of London;
- Gerfried Stocker, artistic and managing director, Ars Electronica;
- Daniel Thawley, editor-in-chief and publisher, A Magazine Curated by.
Click here for further information about the 2019 Honorary Doctors.