Aalto 10 km & 5 km sports event Saturday 17.9.2022
Aalto 10k & 5k sports event - in Finnish known also as "Aalto-kymppi" and "Aalto-vitonen" - is a traditional running event for Aalto staff, students and alumni, andit is free of charge for everyone. The event is arranged in September as part of the Espoo Rantamaraton event.
The 2022 running T-shirt with Aalto University and Espoo Rantamaraon logos have a fee (15 €) for all participants.
The 2020 running T-shirts for free!
The unused 2020 Aalto University's running T-shirts will be distributed for free to Aalto people in the event office accordingly as sizes (shirts are available in all sizes for women and men) and T-shirts are available.
The event office is open on Fri 16.9. at 12-20 and on Sat 17.9. at 8-18 and it is located in Otaranta 6.
Saturday, 17 September 2022
Espoo Rantamaraton's marathons
Marathon and half-marathon with timing (start at 11.00 marathon and at 13.30 half marathon). Discounted price 40€/person for Aalto personnel, students and alumni. Please note - there are 40 free marathon seats available for the fastest entrants! (Updated 11.4.: these free seats are used) See the instructions and code for free seats below. Free marathon is available also for all those who will volunteer during the event (Updated 30.8. no need for more volunteers!).
Aalto 10k & 5k sports event
- Aalto 5 km with timing (starts 11.40). Free of charge for Aalto personnel, students and alumni.
- Aalto 10 km with timing (starts 11.30). Free of charge for Aalto personnel, students and alumni.
The start line for both events (Aalto 10k & 5k and marathons) is at Espoo Otaranta, Otaniemi Campus (Otahalli area).
The above and below registration link for all the runs and for the Aalto's personnel, students and alumni will be opened on Monday 7th March 2022 at 9:00 am.
This event will be photographed for Aalto University communications and marketing purposes. If you wish not to be in the photos, please inform the photographer during the event.How we process data for University communications
Recruitment of voluntary officials
Voluntary officials for the Aalto 10km/5km (No need for more volunteers!)
Good to know!
In case you wish to run with your spouse or friends outside Aalto University, you can ask your spouse or friends to register to the "Rantakymppi" (10km) and/or "Rantavitonen" (5km)- races.They are exactly the same races as Aalto 10km and Aalto 5km, arranged simultaneously, just with different name. Also, your family/friends needs to pay the participation fee and register following to the normal registration procedure set by the Espoo Rantamaraton organisation. More info here: https://www.rantamaraton.fi/
More information on Aalto 10km & Aalto 5km: [email protected]
Instructions for registering in marathons on Saturday 17.9.2022
A total of 40 free seats have been reserved for Aalto employees and students for the marathon and half marathon on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
Registration is done with the code AALTO2022 via the link. After 40 free seats, participation costs Aalto employees and students 40 € (marathon or half marathon).
Instructions for using the code:
1) Register via the link above. Select Personal Registration and the desired trip.
2) Enter your information and remember to record your own place of study as well.
3 Check your information and press Continue
4) Enter the discount code AALTO2022 and click Use Code.
* If the discount codes are still not used, then click Accept and Pay - you will receive a confirmation of the registration process.
* The system will give the message "Discount code has already been used" if the code has been used out - then the price of the trip will be 40 €. Pay this amount in your preferred payment method and complete your registration.
5) You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.