PHASE I: Evaluation based on application documents
1) Academic background (as documented by transcript of records)
2) Language requirements: English (Language 1)
Proficiency in English is an eligibility requirement for the programme. Proof of proficiency is required from both Admission group 1 and group 2 applicants. Acceptable proof of proficiency:
The official language of such degree must have been English, and this must be clearly stated on the degree certificate.
- One of the following language tests (minimum score):
- IELTS (Academic)/IELTS Indicator (7.0), (*writing 5.5)
- TOEFL (iBT100), (*writing 22)
- CAE (B),
- CPE (C),
- PTE Academic (68), (*writing 54)
Note: TOEFL iBT Home Edition test is accepted; a minimum score of 100 is required, with a score of at least 20 in each section.
* Additional writing section minimum required by Aalto University. Please check the general Aalto eligibility rules to see if this additional requirement applies to you: https://www.aalto.fi/en/study-at-aalto/applying-to-masters-programmes.
3) Language requirements: Language 2
Good proficiency (CEFR level B1 or above) in a language other than English is required from all applicants. Acceptable proof of proficiency must be included with the application and may consist of e.g.:
- School certificate of primary/secondary education completed entirely in the specified language.
- Bachelor’s degree from a programme in which the official language of instruction was other than English. The official language must be clearly stated on the degree certificate.
- Certificate from a language test or course(s) in which the level of proficiency is clearly indicated.
- If no such clear proof of proficiency level is available, certificate of mother tongue issued by official authorities can be used (e.g. Digital and Population Data Services Agency in Finland).
4) CV in English
The comprehensive CV evaluation takes into account relevant education, work experience, and extracurricular activities, as well as international orientation as demonstrated by e.g. work, studies, or extracurricular activities abroad, participation in various international or inter-cultural activities in home country, and knowledge of and interest in learning foreign languages.
Work experience in the CV should be documented by enclosing corresponding work/internship certificates. English translations of these are not required.
5) GMAT score (or comparable GRE score)
GMAT or GRE is obligatory in admission group 2 (minimum score 600 in GMAT or equivalent GRE score).
6) Motivation video
To demonstrate their motivation for studies in the programme, applicants are required to submit a max 2-minute video in English on the topic: 'How will the Global Management programme together with CEMS MIM help me towards my professional goals?', further divided into two questions:
- Why am I applying to this programme?
- Why should I be selected to study in the programme and to become a member of the CEMS community?