In addition to the compulsory application documents, applicants to the CCIS programme are requested to provide the following additional documents:
- curriculum vitae*
- motivation letter*
- The motivation letter should be written in English. The maximum length of the motivation letter is about 4000 characters. There are no specific instructions for the content of the motivation letter except for the general advise that you should write a separate motivation letter for each study option you apply to.
- at least one original recommendation letter (preferably academic)
- The recommendation letter should preferably be from a university professor,
lecturer or a thesis instructor who has supervised the applicant’s studies. There
are no specific instructions for the contents of the recommendation letter. The
letter should comment on the applicant’s suitability and aptitude for the
programme. Recommendation letters written by work supervisors are accepted
as well in case some time has passed since graduation.
*) The lack of these documents will adversely affect the evaluation of your application.
In addition, these additional documents add value to your application:
- course descriptions of courses taken in relevant subject areas (see the subject lists above)
- You can can either copy the course descriptions from the university website or study guide or summarize them yourself. A list of most important topics covered will suffice.
- work certificates and certificates of other relevant achievements
- copies of any publications
- official transcript of records for other university studies which are not included in the mandatory part of the application
- With documents related to degree studies, follow these instructions. With other higher education studies (e.g. open university or other non-degree), upload the documents to your application as part of the study-option-specific documents.
- GRE or GMAT test results, if available
The application should explain the full educational history of the applicant.
General instructions on study-option-specific documents
All additional application documents described above should preferably be submitted in English. If some other language than English, Finnish or Swedish is used in them, the applicant must provide precise, word-for-word translations of them.
Upload the documents to your online application form in pdf-format. Name the file(s) according to format: Name of the document-Lastname-Firstname (e.g. CV-Lastname-Firstname.pdf). Maximum file size is 1.0 GB.
The study-option-specific documents must be uploaded for each study option separately, even if you use the same document (e.g. CV). Please check carefully the study-option-specific document requirements for each study option you apply to.
The deadline for the study-option-specific application documents to be uploaded to your application form is the same as for the general application documents.