Insinööritieteiden korkeakoulu etsii yhteiskunnallisen vaikuttavuuden varadekaanina
The Aalto University School of Engineering Recruitment Committee requests applications or nominations for suitable candidates for the position of
Vice Dean for Impact
Candidates are expected to:
- be in a professor position in the School of Engineering
- have good organisational skills and good interpersonal and communication skills with faculty, staff and students
- have clear views on how the school’s impact and innovation activities can be further developed in view of the strategy of Aalto University,
- have a strong record of doctoral education and doctoral researcher mentoring
- be motivated to be strongly engaged in the further development of the school,
- familiarity with the relevant impact funding instruments (e.g., TUTL, EIT KIC) is an advantage
- have good national and international networks
- familiarity with intellectual property protection processes is considered an advantage
The position will take up approximately 25% of the chosen candidate’s work time and the successful candidate will be expected to further develop the role based on his/her expertise and Aalto’s strategy.
The vice dean reports to the dean and is a member of the school’s management team. The vice dean is also a member of the Aalto University Impact Steering Group and will be the main link between that steering group and the School’s management team.
The vice dean for impact co-operates closely with vice deans of education and research. The vice dean will advance development activities and mentoring for ENG post doc researchers including onboarding and career development and will help develop impact activities in ENG in accordance with the university strategy.
During the application period, professors of the school are invited to apply directly for the position. Employees of the school may also nominate eligible candidates. The recruitment committee may also nominate additional candidates. The recruitment committee will confidentially process the applications and nominations, interview candidates, and make the final assessment of the candidates. The committee will propose 1–3 candidates to be interviewed by the dean and the HR manager of the school. The dean will propose the final candidate to the president of Aalto University for appointment. The term of office will be 1 August 2023 – 31 July 2028 or as agreed.
Please send applications or nominations via email by Sunday, 16 April 2023 to [email protected] Both applications and nominations should include a brief letter (1–2 pages) of motivation. Applicants should also include their CV.
Professor Kari Tammi
tel. +35850 348 7902
HR Partner Merja Seppänen
tel. +35850 593 7712