Paving the way for European Higher Education in 2030: A Change of Socioeconomic Paradigm at the Local Level
For the first time, the meeting includes an event designed for stakeholders involved in the alliance who will be able to participate in the discussion. The 4th Unite! Dialogue Barcelona 2021 will include a Branding Event, aimed at promoting the visibility of the alliance and enhancing its engagement to diverse stakeholders. Keynote speakers will debate with members of the Unite! Community that will be broadcast live. The Branding Event will be developed in 5 key areas to show the potential and strength of the Alliance, addressing ethics & technology, impact on the European Higher Education Area, impact on the regional innovation ecosystems, leadership on smart technologies and global impact on society.
A Change of Socioeconomic Paradigm at the Local Level session focuses on How can the European University Alliances help to implement local agenda? The event is a panel discussion with a focus on university-industry innovation and knowledge exchange, digitalization of higher education, local talent attraction and social outreach through lifewide learning.
- Chair: Juan Jesús Pérez, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Chair: Laura Sivula, Aalto University
- Jordi Puigneró, Vice President of the Government of Catalonia
- Miquel Rodríguez, Commissioner of the 2030, Barcelona Municipality
- Heikki Rinta-Aho, Deputy Mayor, City of Espoo
- Marius Martínez, Vice-Rector for International Relations, Universitat Autònoma Barcelona, President of the European University ECIU
- Antoni Luna, Vice-Rector for Internationalization, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Membre of the European University EUTOPIA
- Markus González, Vice-Rector for Internationalization Policy, Universitat de Barcelona, Coordinator of the European University CHARM-EU
- Lourdes Reig, Vice-Rector for Internationalization Policy, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Member of the European University Unite!