A minor in economics provides a basic understanding of fundamental economic theories and institutions, as well as an ability to apply the knowledge in practical settings. The study module develops both analytical thinking and academic insights and it qualifies students to understand the connection between micro- and macroeconomic questions.
Structure of studies 20-26
If the mandatory course 31A00110 Taloustieteen perusteet is a compulsory part of your degree and is settled in e.g. the module Liiketoimintaosaamisen perusteet, the minimum extent for the minor is 20 ECTS credits. In other cases, the minimum is 26 ECTS credits.
Compulsory courses 16 credits:
- 31A00110 Taloustieteen perusteet 6 op (iltakurssi syksy ja kevät ja kesä)
- ECON-C2100 Intermediate Microeconomics I 5 cr
- ECON-C3100 Intermediate Macroeconomics I 5 cr
Choose at least 10 credits from the following:
- ECON-C2200 Intermediate Microeconomics II 5 cr
- ECON-C3200 Intermediate Macroeconomics II 5cr
- 31C00800 Personnel Economics 6 cr
- 31C00900 Raha- ja pankkiteoria 6 cr
- ECON-C1100 Mathematics for Economists 6 cr
- 31C02100 Urban Economics 6 cr