Tilaisuus on englanninkielinen.
Dear colleague at Aalto University,
Aalto BIZ Research Day – Welcome to meet the scholars of School of Business, Monday 10 June 2019, at 12.30 – 18.00
School of Business has joined the Aalto University Campus at Otaniemi. Aalto BIZ is a home for internationally recognized and impactful research on economy, markets, and society. In this event, we present our research and scholars through themed sessions, short research presentations, and panels. Join the event to get to know your colleagues, and to gain insight on some topical economic and societal issues. This is also an opportunity to find new collaborators to interdisciplinary projects.
The spaces for the event are limited, so please register here by Wed 29 May 2019.
You are warmly welcome!
Associate Dean, Aalto University School of Business
For more information, please contact: [email protected]
12.30 Registration and coffee
13.15–15.15 TRACK I: THEME SESSIONS (Auditorium)
13.15–13.55 What are the business implications of big data and AI? (Chair: Henri Schildt)
- Liisa Välikangas: Strategizing and Organizing with Blockchain
- Henri Weijo: Does Big Data induce managerial myopia?
- Yong Liu: Big Data in Tourism
- Matti Suominen: Data Driven Equity Investing
13.55–14.35 How to design for new markets and industries? (Chair: Robin Gustafsson)
- Nina Granqvist: From margins to mainstream – Emergence of new markets
- Hedon Blakaj: The emergence of entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Samuli Patala: Governance in circular economy: Towards sustainable markets
- Iivo Vehviläinen: Designing markets for electricity
14.35–15.15 How can we leverage impact from research in the society? (Chair: Kristiina Mäkelä)
- Teemu Malmi: Improving efficiency in the social and healthcare sector
- Sara Lindeman: Poverty-reducing innovations
- Matti Sarvimäki: How can we measure impact?
- Armi Temmes: Smart Energy Transition – creating impact with energy research
13.15–15.15 TRACK II: SHORT RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS (Lobby)
- Hertta Vuorenmaa and Niina Nurmi: Future of Work
- Seppo Ikäheimo: Does it pay off to pay bonuses to white-collar employees?
- Tuukka Saarimaa: Delivering Affordable Housing and Neighborhood Quality
- Negin Banaeianjahromi: Smart Cities
- Sami Torstila: Prolonged Private Equity Holding Periods: Six Years is the New Normal
- Michael Ungeheuer: Like Moths to a Flame: Salience in the Media and Stock Trading
- Petri Kuoppamäki: Regulating Industrial Internet through IPR, Data Protection and Competition Law
- Esko Penttinen: Structured data and intelligent automation paving the way for Real-Time Economy
- Myrto Chliova and Farah Kodeih: Organizing for marginalized communities
- Osmo Soininvaara: Economics supporting public decision-making
15.30–16.15 Panel: How can the School of Business create value in the Aalto community?
Panelists: Anna Valtonen, Ingmar Björkman, Nina Granqvist and Matti Keloharju
Chair: Perttu Kähäri
16.15–18.00 Salad, wine, and poster presentations